Discover more from Naked and Exposed ® Journal by Janae Carlee
Empty is a limiting perspective
Is vs. Is Not
Happy Wednesday, Friends!
I pray your week is off to an amazing start (aside from the tropical storm that came through in the night). I am coming forth to challenge you this week around your perspective. It’s similar to seeing the glass half full vs. empty.
God has been challenging me in this season to continue showing up—the show must go on theme for the 2020 showcase. Upon reflection, I’ve looked back to see how far I am where I am because of my commitment to just do it!
To just look at life through God’s lens.
To process my emotions.
To give all of me or express when I just ain’t feelin’ it.
To feel it and be okay with it.
To stop making excuses.
To dedicate my time to commit.
Y'all, It started with changing my perspective
In the midst of it all here are some takeaways from this season to aid in the process:
• Know your season.
• Plants do outgrow their pots.
• It is okay to only make space for those to make space for you, it’s called boundaries.
• The gift of discernment is practiced. We do get it wrong, often—be honest with yourself and free yourself. And them.
• Good stewardship also applies to time.
• Trust is a heart issue.
• The safest place is in the ears of the Father. Start there when venting.
• Time stands still in the form of memories. It’s okay to reflect, smile, but divorce it, if traumatic—seek health, help.
• don’t forget to breathe
Amid these takeaways, I reflected on the reality of seeing life through a half-full lens. Check it out in my latest youtube video as we explore this concept deeper.
Also, I am starting an accountability group! This all started with me giving God my yes to dedicate one year to go deeper and allowing my social media platforms to reflect Him—It’s been 3 years. I’ve published a book, launched a podcast—season 3 starts September 15, rebranded my business, and hosted 3 successful poetry and worship night events. ALL BECAUSE I GAVE GOD YES AND PARTNERED WITH HIM.
My next commitment: posting one video a week on youtube for one year. If you want to join me and others who are interested in committing to one thing of your choice, click here to join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/220777872552053/ (It Only Took One Year).